Did you know there are more than 8 billion people in this world right now? Did you also know that there are more than 644 million websites in the World Wide Web right now?
Where does your website count?
SEO is crucial for your business in today’s world. You can no longer rely on just your family and friends to do the publicity for you. You need apt keywords and meta-descriptions to catch the search engines’ eyes. The more relevant your content is, the more CTR you achieve. The more CTR you achieve, the higher your website ranks on the search engine.
So today, let’s teach you how to add meta-descriptions and keywords for your WordPress website.
- First, install and activate the insanely amazing plugin known as Yoast SEO. You can find it in the New Plugins section. We had already installed and activated our Yoast plugin.
- Next, go to the Yoast Settings and choose General. In General, view the Features section.
- You will see a list of things Yoast can do. One of them will be labeled as SEO analysis.
- Make sure you enable this because SEO analysis basically means SEO title, keywords, and meta-descriptions’ analysis.
What is the SEO title?
SEO title is basically what your reader will see when you use some search engine to find your website or article by name. Hence, it is important to know what exactly should you let the world know your website or articles as.
What is meta-description?
Meta-description is basically the little part of text shown below your SEO title in a search result. The meta description should be apt and compact, describing the title in strictly no more than 300 characters. Google regularly keeps updating the character limit, and if you are not sharp with it, your potential customers could end up viewing half the description with no mention of keyword whatsoever.
- To edit your SEO title and meta-description, click on Edit Snippet.
- As you type, you will be able to see how it would look on a desktop or mobile.
- Keep on consulting the Analysis until your Yoast decides your title, keywords, and meta descriptions are all good to go.
If you want to know how to configure your Yoast SEO plugin, click here.
In case you face any difficulty while performing the above steps, please feel free to raise a support ticket.