There are times when you want to direct your readers to read your brochures, special features or just plain download a free pdf file you are offering. To do that, you need to know how to add pdf files to your WordPress website.
Before you upload and follow our steps, it is recommended to have your file already converted to pdf in the web optimized format. It loads your site faster, and the faster the better SEO rankings you achieve.
Steps to add pdf in your website
- Upload your pdf file by clicking on the add media button.
- To do so, just click on the Add Media button at the top of your editing space. You can access your editing space by clicking on the New Post of the Blog option from the dashboard.
- You will be prompted to browse files from your device or drag and drop files (if you haven’t already).
- Click on the insert into post button at the bottom right of the display screen.
- Your pdf will now be visible on your post as a clickable link format.
Open pdf in a new tab
If you wish to direct your readers into another tab as they open your pdf, you have options to edit that as well.
- Just click anywhere on the pdf link.
- The edit icon will be visible and when you click on it another button appears.
- Click on this link options button and a pop-up box will open.
- Tick the check-box containing the “Open link in a new tab” option.
- Press the update button and now your pdf will open in a new tab.
- This is also how you upload e-books for your users.
We hope you have had no difficulty in following our steps. In case complications arise, please feel free to contact us.
Learn how to add audio playlists onto your WordPress website here.