I have many friends who love dark colors. And I also have many friends who don’t. WordPress provides several admin color schemes to choose from. By default, it is set at Dark.
If you would like to change your color schemes to something less gloomy or colorful, we have a solution for that.
So today lets teach you how to change the color scheme in your admin dashboard.
Steps to change your admin color scheme
Changing your admin color scheme is incredibly simple.
- Go to your admin Dashboard.
- Hover over the Users option available way down your Dashboard bar. Additional options will arise such as All users, New user, and Your Profile.
- Click on All Users. You will now see a list of users who are the admins of your website. We have no other admin except myself, so rest assured if you have more admins.
- Click on your username and you will be directed to your profile settings.
- Here, you can see a list of personalization options such as Visual Editor, Syntax Highlighting, Admin Color Scheme, Keyboard shortcuts, Proofreading, Toolbar and Post by email options.
- Currently, WordPress has seven admin color schemes which come along with the installation: Light, Blue Coffee, Ectoplasm, Midnight, Ocean, and Sunrise.
- Click on your desired scheme.
You can see the changes in real-time. For example, I have chosen Sunrise.
- Scroll down to the very end and click on the Update Profile button.
Admin Color Schemes for football fans
If you would like to have more options, you can install and activate this beautiful plugin which football fans would LOVE!
- Install and activate W2O Football Fans Admin Color Schemes. It has only 90 active installations and three reviews giving a five-star rating each, but trust me, you won’t regret this choice.
- This surprisingly unpopular plugin allows you to choose your favorite football club. And what’s more, it even adds the logo of your club to your dashboard! How cool is that!!
- Now your admin color scheme profile will look something like this:
Congratulations, you have successfully made your admin dashboard more colorful!
Want to make your website even more colorful? Learn how to add a background image to your WordPress website here!
In case you face any difficulty while performing these steps, please feel free to raise a support ticket.